Sunday, October 12, 2008

Different Good Housekeeping Covers, Kate on the Radio For K Mart

Ahh Sunday. Today we went pumpkin picking and I'm exhausted. Working part-time has taken its toll and I realized I am biting off more than I can chew. The kids were super happy that we had a family day today, and the pumpkins are also on the porch!

Different Good Housekeeping Covers?

So apparently 2 states so far have complained there are 2 different Good Housekeeping covers out there, and the store they went to didn't have the Gosselin cover. Now I know that they did that in the past, but what dictates where the covers go? To see which sells better? Why does TX & LA have places with a pie on the cover? And is the article different? If anyone knows please let me know! Click HERE for the "Meet Jon & Kate" article from their website. Its a cute one and includes an EXCERPT from their "Multiple Blessings" book.

Kate on KISS 108 Radio For K-Mart

While Kate was in NY right before the big Orlando trip she was on a few radio stations on behalf of K-Mart. She tried to answer some of the snarky questions the guy from Kiss 108 had but it took literally changing the topic so she could get to the task at hand: getting people to do layaway at K-Mart. Now I know that they are truly the last store to do this. (Does Marshalls anymore?) but the guy sounded confused at to why Kate was talking about Christmas shopping this early. Now I know the hate blogs are having a field day with this because they don't feel that now that Kate has money she should be taking about budgeting and layaway. But wealthy people can budget too, isn't it the reason they re wealthy? And why does Kate have to flaunt her wealth? If she did, then people would be bitching about that as well. So I personally think its great shes pumping this store, I hope it helps their sagging business!

This interview was in two parts. Part 1 is HERE and part 2 HERE. If you cannot hear it then go to the Kiss 108 link above and scroll down. And to those that asked. I LOVED Kate on Say Yes To The Dress. It was the mean yellow shirt dude that bothered me so much. Why would you bring such a bunch of naggers esp. your fiance to view your potential wedding dress?

7 comments:

HayLaura said...

Hey there,

I am listening to Kate on this interview and this disc jockey is a dork... come on the sextuplets are out of diapers at 4... duh.... lol .... and of course 8 year olds can feed themselves. haha Kate did seem a bit irritated by this guy. And he talks right over here sometimes. I think it is great that K-Mart still has a lay a way....
This radio guy is funny, but he really is a Man isn't he. lol doesn't let the woman get a word in edgewise...

Anyway, just want you to know that I love your blog and it really is very informative...

Hugs, Laura

p.s. I am working on mine again and added one about Fibromyalgia... Hope you will check it out...

Anne said...

Regarding Good Housekeepings 2 covers, Its because many people started emailing and calling Good Housekeeping before the magazine was released with complaints about the Gosselins so Good Housekeeping did 2 covers to see how it goes. Where I live both are at some stores. Time is clicking on the Jon and Kate gravey train. Seems funny now that they are moving to a bigger and better place where they know nobody, wouldnt matter if they stayed where they are as they have removed all friends and family from their lives. Watch the show be cancelled next year. Karma it will bite ya when ya lest expect it too.

Lss said...

I live in Kansas - and it's the pie cover of Good Housekeeping here too.

Dina said...

Oh my goodness!! That interview on the radio was ANNOYING! The girls in my cube (I'm at work) were all annoyed w/the DJ as well. He couldnt get passed the diaper thing!!! I felt bad for Kate.

As for the Good Housekeeping article, I havent seen the mag. yet. I'll let you know what cover is in our area.

thanks for you Blog!

Anya@IW said...

Hi. I seroiusly do not think the few dozen letters GH may have gotten from a certain group had any effect on the cover that was chosen.

For what's its worth, I am in California and I have only seen Gosselin covers.

BEE said...

The radio interview was painful to listen to! The show's host seemed nice enough but seriously wouldn't let Kate talk for more then a second.

As far as the Good Housekeeping covers go, I have to agree with anya. I highly doubt that the small percentage of hate letters would deter a magazine from printing a cover. I personally think that there are more people that like the Gosselin's then don't.

BEE said...

Question: Is the article on the GH website the same article that is in the magazine?