Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tups in Preschool 3 Days A Week! New Kate Recipes!


Parent teacher conference. Root Canal. Car damage. This is my life in less than 12 hours. Why do things always happen on the same day? To make myself feel better I wanted to share this article. I saw this article from of all place Recipe Exchange where they interviewed Kate yesterday about her involvement with the Grain Foods Foundation. In it she talked how she interviewed Kate on the phone:

"If you want to learn about something, ask an expert.When I wanted hints about packing school lunches, I asked Kate Gosselin, the mom in TLC’s reality series Jon and Kate Plus Eight, who is speaking to food writers on behalf of the Grains Foods Foundation.

Granted, Kate’s got only two children in school — 7-year-old twins Mady and Cara are in the second grade — but she’s also got 4-year-old sextuplets at home. Aaden, Joel, Collin, Hannah, Leah and Alexis are in preschool three afternoons a week, which means that Kate and the kids must sit down to lunch at 10:50 a.m. on those days. Planning and organization are obvious necessities for the Gosselin family, but Kate’s also concerned with nutrition and variety.

She asks the older girls each evening what they’d like for lunch the next day, then gets to work as soon as she’s done with dinner. Nine times out of 10, Cara and Mady get sandwiches. “They rarely agree on what kind of sandwiches,” Kate says.

“I cut out the sandwiches in shapes sometimes, change the bread,” she says.

Each lunch also includes yogurt or a cheese stick, a piece of fruit and something crunchy, such as popcorn or an oatmeal-raisin cookie. Finally, she tucks in a note. “Just my way sending love along with them to school,” she says."

Totally cool to read that the kids are ACTUALLY in school despite what the GWOP'ers have to say. And you know they are going to ruin this pager by saying ALOT. Click on Recipe Exchange to read the rest including 3 New Kate Recipes done specially for this program. my favorite is below:

FALL HARVEST SANDWICH

2 slices whole-wheat bread
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1 slice Cheddar cheese
2 slices honey ham
1/2 Granny Smith apple, sliced thin

Top 1 piece of bread with mustard, then cheese, then ham, then apple slices. Top with the remaining piece of bread. Cut on the diagonal and serve.

And finally. A few of you had mentioned how amazed you were over some of the "crazies" now blogging at GWOP. Writing letters to sponsors, clogging J&K sites and making horrific comments about who does and doesn't sleep in the basement. Taking it to the level that some have is downright scary, and I hope that you are all sane enough to not get wrapped up in all that. I hear more people are seeing the huge issues and problems there and not contributing, and for that I thank you.

5 comments:

"T.V. Barnum" said...

Good article but how sad the responses are full of the "Haters"!:(

Anonymous said...

I agree - I think it's so sad that all the haters spend all day searching for sites that are "pro-Gosselin" to troll and post their negativity. The funny thing is though - they're the only ones who listen to themselves and eachother!! Real fans of the show and the G family know the real deal, and don't really care what they say. But I agree that it is sad that such a nice article and interview has to be littered with such drivel at the end. Luckily, no one is listening.

MommyZinger said...

I find it refreshing coming here for information outside the show and the anti blogs. Good work, baby mama.
As for GWoP, I started going there because I thought the child advocacy issue was interesting. I don't go there anymore. I find them scary and laughable at the same time. It is unfortunate that they probably lost some people who take child exploitation seriously and were willing to do something about it.

Root canal huh. Thank goodness for Tylenol #3. And hope no one got hurt in the car accident.

Annie said...

Here is an interview in Woman's Day.

www.womansday.com/Articles/Entertainment/Celebrities/How-She-Does-It-Kate-Gosselin.html/?cid=387

Jen said...

Nice! This is a great interview ... and I do wonder what the "haters" will say when they learn that the tups are in pre-k. I haven't been visiting the "hater" blogs too often lately, so I don't know what commentary they have on that situation ...

I hope you're enjoying your vacation! :)


Jen
www.writemommy.net