Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sight And Sound, GWOP Welcomes DWOP


Hello everyone! Happy well, its Tuesday. The baby is NOT napping, so this might be quick for me to add to later. I was e-mailed a few times as to why my review isn't up RIGHT after the show. Well first, I'm not like those crazies over at GWOP that are literally blogging 15 minutes into the show, with their notebooks in their hands. You know, the ones that SWEAR that they have had enough with the freebies and damage control and will NEVER watch again. Until next week. No Monday is chaotic enough for me as it is with the kids, homework and getting them to bed. By the time the show comes on I'm exhausted and eating my dinner at 9pm.

So by the next day I'm excited to see what everyone thought over at GDNOP and I read the reviews there before blogging. I DONT go to the other site, its all making fun of Kate for no reason than to make themselves feel superior and Anonymous, who posts every 5 minutes 50 times. I thought the show last night was awesome and the venue looked really cool. I am not overly religious, but if you check out the place HERE, you'd want to go see this show regardless. That show made some of the Vegas shows Ive seen look down right plain! So let me start off by saying those of you that live in the state of PA, how lucky are you? I swear all summer I take 3 hour trips to go to all the cool places they have for kids to go to. And you wonder why Jon & Kate wanted to take their kids to all of them? It would cost $222 for 2 adults and 8 kids (on a weekday!) to see that show. And you wonder why they gladly accept freebies? I need to move to that state STAT.

I promised not bash those haters anymore, but I feel the poor Duggars will get their fill from them soon. What with them now getting their OWN weekly series, the haters of children exploited on TV will have a field day with this family. Please don't be offended when I say they don't even compare, and that this family seems a bit "strange" to me. If you get where I'm going with this FINE, if not its OK. Us East Coasters are a bit more rough around the edges and thicker skinned, so it concerns me that the pitch forks will be out once again when this series starts. What really bothers me is that its apparent TLC is putting any boring multiple family on now right before J&K to keep the ratings up. A reader tried to explain to me that the Kids by the Dozen are different families, but I swear they all seem to look the same. Am I correct saying these kids stand out less to me than the sextuplets do? Since they do not have their own series YET, they havn't been blessed with their own personal hate site, brought to you by the makers of GWOP. "Where we get the dirt by bringing you the hurt." It will be interesting to see bloggers go to both sites with their comments about how these families choose to raise their kids. And what will happen when ALL these families get weekly series? Does the negativity of children on TV hold up when EVERYBODY wants a piece of the action? Time will tell us very soon, when the Duggar's new series "17 and counting" premiers on TLC October 1st.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do all look the same - I totally agree with you!! What cracks me up the most is that I know I've read comments on the GWOP site that say stuff about how the Duggers would never do a weekly series because they have their kids' best interests at heart, and only do infrequent updates just to show everyone how they're doing, but not every week. Haha is all I can say to that!! They were offered what I'm sure is a large sum of money to do a weekly series, and they jumped at the chance - and why not?? If someone came to my door and offered me enough money to let my husband and me quit our jobs and stay home with our kids in exchange for videotaping us doing our normal everyday stuff, I'd do it too!!! I love the Gosselins. The Duggas have always seemed a bit odd to me - they just seem like they live in a different century the way they dress and act, but I'm sure they're very nice, and I'll probably check out their show from time to time. To me, the Gosselins are fun to watch because they're like me more than the Duggars are. The Gosselin kids wear Gymboree and Gap clothing - so do my kids (my daughters have most of the outfits the G's wear!! My 6 year old yells at the tv that she has that dress....!!), and they do things we do and go places we go (Sesame Place, Hershey Park, Crayola Factory, Disney...all places we go too). The Duggars seem like so far from my reality, that I don't enjoy them as much. But I think they're a cool family, and I think it funny that the Gosselin haters are going to turn on the Duggars too - just you watch!!

Anya@IW said...

The Duggar's are in for a rude surprise in my opinion (or perhaps they have been forewarned). The type of women who frequent the Gosselin hate blogs will tear them apart as soon as the regular series starts.

I might check the series out, but I think I'll stick with the Gosselin's. More my cup of tea.

The "Sight and Sound" episode was great. I was more impressed with the theatre production than I thought I would be. Just the logistics of having a show with that many animals. Wow.

And any episode that features Alexis and her aldergator is sure to be one of my favorites....

Marmie said...

Yeah the Duggars will get raked over the coals after a year or two also. I did see an add for a couple that like six autistic children that is up and coming. Wonder what will be said of thier family. That has to be stressful. I also enjoyed the show and did you see how little boy Jon looked when he was "ENLIGHTENED" and did the simple thing Kate has been asking him to do and how SPEACHLESS she was!!!!!!! that was cute and She was so excited. I LOVED IT> I showed it to hubby and said see !!!!!! it works!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

"Sounds like some exploitation of children is okay in a reality show - as long as the viewers like Mom or the family values." COMMENT FROM DWOP

I think the coals are starting to heat up marmie and the show isn't even on yet. I am amazed that people don't have anything better to do with their time. I have said it before, if the people at GWOP put their energy to end world hunger...everyone on the planet would be eating 5 course meals daily.

Sara said...

What really bothers me is that its apparent TLC is putting any boring multiple family on now right before J&K to keep the ratings up. A reader tried to explain to me that the Kids by the Dozen are different families, but I swear they all seem to look the same. Am I correct saying these kids stand out less to me than the sextuplets do?"

They're not just some "boring multiple family". The mom might not be as well put-together as Kate, and the kids might not parade around in brand name clothes, but there's no reason that the Gosselins deserve a show any more than the Duggars do. They bring the ratings too. Each family is interesting in their own way.

ScrantonMom said...

I didn't see the show from Strasburg, but I would like to say the shows put on at the Sight and Sound theater are AMAZING.

I saw a production of "Noah" which was absolutely wonderful. If any of you have the opportunity to see one of their productions, take it! You won't be disppointed.

ScrantonMom said...

OOPS - You won't be disAppointed, either.