Saturday, March 14, 2009

Can Kate Gosselin Be The Next Martha Stewart? Kate Can't Clip A Coupon, Help For Super-Moms, Trip To The Vet Video

Hello Gosselin Fans! Today has been another crazy weekend. I was waiting for my husbands reaction to volunteering him to take my daughter and her 2 friends to The Jonas Bros. Movie this weekend. He was not happy. But every once in a while you gotta bite the bullet and do something that you absolutely hate doing just because your spouse tells you to. Not only did he volunteer to pay (since this was in 3D the tickets were $15 each! w/glasses) but he took the girls for pizza afterwards. With the baby napping and me cleaning it was the most productive day I have had in weeks. Payback will be a b@tch. (lol)

Kate is allowed to clip Coupons Too!

I also wanted to talk about how people think its so ludicrous that she still talks about budgeting even though they live in a million dollar home. Doesn't anyone get that you could still be wealthy and budget? Didnt we already discuss this to death? I just don't think people understand that this is how the rich stay that way. Why do people seem to feel that those that are wealthy are not allowed to clip coupons or budget? Or is it just another way to bash on Kate for all that she has that most don't? And why do so many people have issues with Kate wanting to feed her kids organic food? Just because she uses paper plates she is accused of hurting the environment, and if she allows her kids pizza shes bashed because shes not 100% Organic all the time. WTH? Do people just look for things to pick out. Check out this great article HERE on saving a ton of money at the grocery store using coupons.

Kate Hopes To Do more: Possibly A Talk Show? London Free Press Asks All

Its so great to move past all the rumors and lies and get back to Kate and her family. I absolutely love the article that was sent where Kate talks about how things are going and where she hopes to be in the future. You can read it HERE. I love a woman that plans for the future and takes advantage of the present. It was great for her to mention as well the importance of having Jon & the babysitter helping so that she is able to pursue this new career once THEY decide when to end their popular TV show. It would be so great to see Kate as on a TV Talk Show ala Martha Stewart! The fans are rooting for this! I mean if it doesn't pan out she is laughing all the way to the bank as a best selling author that has spent MONTHS on the NY Times List.

How do you find the time to care for the children, write two books and film your television series?

"It is my job. It is extremely crazy busy and sometimes I think I can’t handle it all, but I try to look at all of the positives. I can basically make my own schedule and I really like that. Every day is a challenge and I have become a scheduling miracle worker through it all! Also, I can’t forget to mention that Jon and our babysitter also make it possible for me to travel and work. I know one thing for sure; I am never sure what the future holds for us! However, I am enjoying doing TV in all capacities that I have had the privilege of doing and my dream is that there is a future talk show waiting for me!"

Being A Super-mom isn't easy: How To Take Time Out For Yourself

This article I found talks a bit about what moms like myself can do to take some of the stress out of staying at home with the kids. The first list called "Recession-proof your wardrobe", is really helpful in figuring out what you should keep and toss in your closet for the Spring. The list includes what most of us would assume we should do but never have the chance (I love to bowl, but wouldn't have time for a league). Also this list is also for anyone that works to death who should also take a little time out for themselves! You could read the article HERE, this woman is also a big Jon & Kate Plus 8 fan! Here are 5 of the10:

1. Take 5-10 minutes to take pleasure in your favorite beverage (non-alcoholic!
2.
Book yourself a massage
(ala Kate)
3.
Jog for at least 20 minutes whenever you can during the week
4. Acquire a favorite TV show and watch it religiously
5.
Go grocery shopping alone


See Last Weeks Episode "Trip To The Vet" HERE!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know why another talk show is necessary. Stick to raising the kids. I watch because I love the kids and them interacting as a family. Truthfully if we see Jon alone much in the upcoming season's episodes the show will lose quite a bit of it's appeal to me. I like the show because they are a family......get it.........with Jon and Kate, not Jon alone. That is just my opinion. I like to see them all together. I understand the book signings and the speaking engagements. But isn't she home at all when they are taping the show? I want to see the family!!! ToGETHER!!!!!

The Travel Mom said...

Of course we as the fans want to see the family together. And we all know that we only get to see a fraction of their lives. But I thought it was great that Kate is showing that if the show does run its course, that she will have a career outside the show. The show that people complain about because they don't work. So if they are working, I don't understand how people can still complain. I know how important it is for us as parents to have something as our own. And I hope and pray Jon finds that as well.

Lindsay said...

Cindy, if I read the article correctly, the talk show would be AFTER J+K+8 is over. ;)

But I agree, I too want to see them as a family, not just Jon and the kids. But I'm sure that Kate is trying her hardest to schedule everything around everything else that is going on in her life [show recordings, etc]

I also hope that Jon can find something to do, so that he can say that he has a career aswell. Since it seems like it is usually just Kate taking care of the speaking engagements, etc.

Anya@IW said...

I love a woman that plans for the future and takes advantage of the present.

Nicely put, Baby Mama. I do believe most of her actions are to secure her children's financial future.

As for the coupon clipping, I honestly believe those who criticize her for this have never been in a precarious financial situation before. If they had experienced this, they might understand the "worry" that you could fall back on hard times never completely goes away for most folks.

The organic thing is another reason I don't put a lot of stock in what the detractors have to say. It's simply set up as a gotcha device. If she ever allows pizza or something non-organic, she is called a liar. When she does stick to a healthy organic diet, she is accused of not feeding the kids enough. She can't win with some.

I love the videos you posted.

Anya

P.S. Hope your little one enjoyed the Jonas Brothers movie. It must have been fun for her to see in 3-D!

SG said...

I personally don't care if Kate clips coupons or not... I think the issue was how she treated Jon over a coupon. The yelling, the rolled eyes, the nastiness. Alright so he forgot to use the coupon. No need to berate him for it. It's not like it was taking food out of their children's mouths. He screwed up. Let it go.

The Travel Mom said...

Yes, I'm the first person to say OK, he forgot a stupid coupon. But then I made my husband go back to get mine. So I don't know if it was just because the camera was there or if the woman truly cares about saving the $10 bucks or not. But I don't hate on her for it. I know alot of people that are like that. Even people with alot of money.

Their relationship is what it is and if Jon truly had an issue about it he would deal with Kate in private and not have it on camera. I think its more for adding to the drama of the show.