Friday, April 3, 2009

TLC Upfront Showcases Season 5, Watch Family Outing

Hello Gosselin Fans! Wow I must say, this week this blog has been insane with the hits and I feel bad that I haven't been here every day like I used to be. I really thought that once the season was over it would pretty much be a trickle here. But people are still talking about the incredible almost 5 million that watch the season finale and I guess still want to hear what else is going on. Also if any of you from Nashville got to attend the Southern Women's Show please e-mail me as I would LOVE to hear how it went. As you can see I have added another event for the State of PA that sounds like fun. The First Annual Pennsylvania Women's Show will have BOTH Jon & Kate in attendance.

TLC Upfront Promotes Jon & Kate Plus 8 New Season

What I love about these Upfronts is learning about all the new shows that each Channel will be bringing up for the new season. And while my favorite second show Project Runway was just sadly announced to Lifetime after months of speculation, TLC is now promising 19 NEW shows for its new season. Sadly most of them are Makeover Shows and variations of such. TLC is reworking its scheduling strategy, giving each night of the week a “theme,” with programming that fits within that theme. The network also unveiled its 2008-09 programming lineup. You can see some of the new line-up HERE. Of course other New TLC starts will be of all people Jennifer Lopez & Kelly Rips for their new SHOWS. I just find it so funny the people criticize family's for getting TV shows and now even the biggest celebrities will be on the new TLC lineup. More of the list is below:

"TLC announced today that Jon & Kate Plus 8 will return for a fifth season. The popular show that attracted record ratings for its March 23 finale will join a busy roster of returning programs, such as 18 Kids and Counting, A Baby Story, American Chopper, What Not to Wear, and Little People, Big World."

"The cable network has also introduced a host of new series -- more than 19 in all -- that will help fill its schedule in the coming year. They include The Little Couple (a series about newlyweds Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, both of whom are under 4-feet tall); Freakin Fabulous With Clinton Kelly (a fashion show based on his book of the same name); Making Over America With Trinny & Susannah (featuring the original U.K. hosts of What Not to Wear), The General (featuring an interior-designer-turned-contractor), and Mom, Inc. (a new series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos that helps struggling entrepreneurs)."

So the biggest news which everyone already knew was that Season 5 is a big go. Jon & Kate both attended the Upfronts together. Jon said to "expect the unexpected," and Kate added that "[the family will] be taking a very exciting trip in the near future. Not to give it away, but it'll take us back to our roots." Hmm. So while everyone is speculating a big trip to Korea in the future, what other surprises can be along the way? I'm thinking more reflection as a family and a big haha to all the people that wished their show would end simply because of jealousy. I for one can't wait.
Family Outing Season Finale: Watch the "BIG 10 minute finale HERE!"

The last interview in their famous interview chair and their set! Its so sad, talk about changes!

28 comments:

my2girls said...

I am still lost, are they still going to be doing interviews?? Like after each episode??

MelissaB said...

LOL I love the pic with Zac and Cody!!! Mady and Cara look so "star struck".Where were they?

BabyMama- Thanks for the updates :)

BEE said...

Not a big surprise that our favorite TV family will be back for another season!! Can't wait to see what they have been up to!

A fun poll idea: What is the unexpected that Jon is referring too? Kate getting pregnant? Family seen on the show again? Jon going back to work? The Gosselins starting their own business, clothing line, organic restaurant etc?


my2girls- I think they will still have the interview portion of the show, but a new set. Kate mentioned "testing out" the new sofa, which leads me to believe it is just a set change.

Thanks BabyMama!! We are still here with ya! And I love the picture and Kate's hair looks GREAT!!

The Travel Mom said...

dancnmommy~ Back in October 2008 when the family was on Good Morning America, Dylan & Cole were also the special guests that day. "It was arranged" that they were both on on the same day as a surprise for the girls.

my2girls~ yes I believe they are going to be doing the same format with the interview segment, but there was talk for a long time about changing the set. I thought it was a bad idea, because it ruins the continuity in my opinion. But Jon & Kate were set on a big change for this season, so when they were writing on the walls (duplicate set created in their new house), it was in fact being torn down for good. Still looking on Ebay for it (lol) KIDDING!

BEE~ Thank you for being my biggest supporter, I love having you here. I'm doing the poll as we speak, thanks!

my2girls said...

Kate does not want to be pregnant again (in my opinion) But, a new baby would be cute. I think that would cause way too much negativity towards them (more then there is now)
Old family member coming back would ROCK!!! I hope thats the case here.

jk8fan said...

I do think that Jon will be going back to work, I mean it sounded like on the Season Finale that Jon wants to start working or they could be going to Korea, that would be a fun episode. I'm hoping in season 5 Jodi and Beth will come back. I am so relieved that they are doing season 5!!

Panda said...

So exciting!! I cannot WAIT for season 5 to start! I was at Jon's speaking engagement at PSU and he definitely led us to believe that they were planning a trip to Korea, although he didn't specifically say it. He also said that he finally convinced one of his brothers to be on the show! I'm not sure if that particular show was already taped or if at that point he was just scheming but I'm really excited! Baby mama please keep us posted as to when the new season is premiering!

Love the blog! xoxo

CBB said...

OK Baby Mama if BEE comes in first place for biggest supporter - then I call 2nd place ;) tee hee
Have a great week-end everyone!

The Travel Mom said...

CBB~ You are like the scarecrow to BEE's lion. I just love you all!

Its so important to me to have the amount of true followers and supporters here on this site whether they comment or not. Everyone writes me and says what a great job I have done here. I appreciate it and that's why I have done what I have for so long. How the heck did I actually find the time to write hundreds of Jon & Kate posts is beyond me...Who knew I would have THAT much to talk about??

That's why its so important to me to have an even BETTER revamped site for the new season. I have been working on different layouts and frankly, I keep going back to the original....I hope you guys will all follow me! xoxoxo

Life is Good said...

Baby Mama -

I will be attending the PA Womens's Show. My sister-in-law lives in PA (I live in MD near the PA line) and had asked all the women in the family, and female friends to go. There will be 12 of going (6 fans, 4 non-fan and 2 indiferent). It will be so much fun!!!

Lindsay said...

Yay! I am so happy that they will be coming back! I can't wait for the new season to begin!

A trip to Korea would make a great episode! I also hope that old family members come back! That would make me so happy!

Robin said...

A trip back to their roots...I bet this means they'll take a trip to visit Kate's parents.

Dina said...

I'm so excited about the new season. Cant wait! Thanks for keeping us updated BabyMama.

Unknown said...

I'm seriously considering driving 2 hours from the Lehigh Valley of PA to Harrisburg just to see them speak. I already met Kate at a book signing, but I am dying to see them speak. . . It definitely might be worth the trip.

The Travel Mom said...

Kelly~ If it was just 2 hours for me I would be there period. To see the both of them in person trying to have a good conversation without cutting each other off is worth the trip itself! I am so interested to see whether they will talk about their marriage and the new season.

And I hear that they really want a good turnout so they will be pulling out all the stops to make this so great it will be a new yearly event.

BEE said...

Minnie Knits, you crack me up!

Kelly, we drove 3 hours one way to see Jon and Kate at a speaking engagment and it was well worth it!! Even my husband, who rarely watches the show unless I force him to, was really moved and inspired by their story! If you do have the opportunity I would highly reccomend it!!

Babymama, ok so I am confused about the new website. Why another site and not just keep this one? Will this sight be abandoned or will you keep up both sites? Either way....we will follow!! (That sounds so cultish.....lol!)

BEE said...

sights, sites....whatever

Life is Good said...

Kelly - I will be driving over and hour to attend. It will be worth it!

Let me know if you decide to go and maybe we can find a way to meet up.

The Travel Mom said...

BEE~ I own the site and this site will never close. I have almost 200 entries on here! However at the end of April I will make one final post close this site and move over to the other site. Comments will be disabled and no other posts will be made on here.

It was beyond embarrassing when I met Kate to plug the URL of this site. Its negative and promotes a hate site. People always ask me.. "the anti-WHAT?" Though I may initially have issues with Goggle (I'm always on top now, and that will change)I really want the URL to positively reflect that this is a FAN site. And since season 5 discusses so much "change" I feel that this is the best time with a fresh new site and a link that reflects it!

I talk and promote the site now to give people time to link up and get excited about it. This site is like my baby, and I'm incredibly proud of it. I was even toying with changing my name. My daughter now is walking and running and no longer a baby. Should I become Toddler Mama? Or choose an entirely different name? This is something I will be posting about soon, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks so much for the poll idea by the way! xoxoxox

http://gosselinfamilyfansite.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Thanks Bee, glad someone knows I was kidding!

I like watching the show, so I am a fan. That said, I dislike Kate with a white hot intensity. I think she's morphed into a diva.

jk8fan said...

Hey, did anyone go to the Southern's Women Show at Nshville, TN yesterday?If so how was?

3KMOM said...

I also would love a trip to Korea episode. Also, BabyMama, since your children will always be your babies I think sticking with what works is a good idea. I still refer to all of my kids, 8, 3, and 1 as my babies. That will never change. I wish Kate would visit a little farther, say to the midwest, as in Iowa! :)

Life is Good said...

Baby Mama - I agree with 3KMOM, no matter how old our children get, they are always our babies. Mine are 23 (almost 24) and 18 1/2 and I still call them my babies.

You shouldn't change your name. How about doing a poll?

The Travel Mom said...

Yes, I think I will make that my next poll! I have three different people that went to the show that e-mailed me. They were all very positive and I will be posting pics and the story in my next post!

Loveli said...

Predictions for the upcoming "expect the unexpected" season...

Hmmm...I think that J & K will travel to Korea where they will adopt their sweet little Korean girl that they have always wanted and name her after Kate's Grandma. That would be amazing!

In one Q and A segment when they were once again asked if they were going to have more children, they weren't quite as definitive with their answers as they have been in the past. Kate commented that she didn't go and lose all her weight just to get pregnant again and she kinda suggested that if they were to have more children, it would be up to God. I think that Kate still feels a little guilty for not adopting before Cara and Mady were born when they had the opportunity but backed out because they felt that it wasn't right for them at the time. Now that times have changed for them, perhaps the opportunity to help a needy child is in the making! hahaha...ok...I know that is how rumours get started, but I personally would love to see it happen...hahahaha.

Once again, thanks for this fun site!

Life is Good said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby said...

Well, I am new here and really appreciate how positive this site is! What a breath of fresh air! It has been less than a year since I started watching the show and am amazed at how fast the kids are growing up before our very eyes.

Thank You!

inloes said...

hey im a big fan too but if you recall jons parent lived in hawaii maby the trip was hawaii and they havnt updated their page