Monday, May 11, 2009

7 Reasons To Admire Kate, Baba Mama needs Suggestions! Kate Gosselin Is The New "SpokesMom" For Walmart

Hello Gosselin fans! I would like to start off by saying that the infamous "Mr. Gray" everyone is talking about was currently just helping for Zondervan for Kate's book tour. He is NOT Kate's personal bodyguard. Phew! OK, so with all the news stories about the Gosselins now, its been increasingly more hard for Kate (even out buying a birthday cake yesterday for Mother's Day) to go out anywhere without TMZ or some money-hungry photog. following her. I applaud her sense of strength in the face of adversity. The more nasty people get, the more she is hounded, the cooler & calmer she appears. I try to think of things in a "what would you do" kind of way. I find myself (and again this is just me) feeling more and more sad for her each day. I only hope that this show, this season, we will see "public therapy & healing". Those fans that felt the show lost some of its luster, are now anxious and excited for the new season. And that's great to hear! And while I still greatly disagree with those that felt it was because of all the trips and freebies, I hope that this season will be again, more about healing and strength. With a cool trip here and there thrown in of course! (And if any of you find a link to the appearance Kate made on the 700 Club today, please send it to me!) And don't forget Kate will be appearing on Rachel Ray on Tuesday morning!

Regarding the end of this site, I only hope my New Gosselin Family Fan Site and the positive, fresh feel it brings will also be a great addition to the new season. I truly hope that you follow me as I say goodbye to this chapter of my blogging that has brought me so much joy and come over to my family-friendly new Gosselin fan page. After these past 10 months I feel that there is a need for a completely non-negative & fully supportive fan site for those that truly do not want to see some of the hatred that's out there. Now that doesn't mean that I wont stress for more healthy debates to continue and will always be encouraged. However, it has become clear to me that if you feel that you have anything negative to say, there are a few other places to go that thrive on the snark. I want those with who truly have meaningful things, thoughts and feelings to say to please come and comment on my site. And if you don't want to comment, that's fine, you can follow this new blog too!

Which brings me to my comments and suggestions. I did this the first time I started my site. (When I proudly boated 6 followers!) I would really like to hear the things that may have been lacking here that you would love to see on the new site. I have been so busy with babies, work, parties and life that I have not been keeping up with this blog like I wish I could. This new blog I promise will be different! (After Dancing With The Stars, I promise 100%! (lol)) So please feel free to post in the comments here what would make it the perfect fan blog for you. I hope to see you at my new and happy blogging home!

7 Things I Admire About Kate Gosselin~ Via Lil Sugar.com (thanks CBB!)

1. She endured & carried 6 babies!
2. She lets the camera's roll through "the good, the bad & the ugly"
3. Believing in the benefits of good nutrition, Kate went to lengths to feed her family quality goods on a budget.
4. Her organizational skills put most mamma's (including me) to shame
5. The Gosselin children are well-behaved and mannered to Kate's credit
6. She loves her kids, and it shows. Kate is raising eight happy, healthy lil' individuals
7. Despite the tabloids and marital rumors, Kate did not cancel scheduled appearances. Instead, she held her head high, made no apologies, and simply said she and Jon were handling things privately.

For some great photos and a slide show check out the link above!

Kate Now Designing For Walmart?

Did anyone see Rachel Ray today? She gave away some awesome swag including videos, gift cards from Walmart and her NEW designs from Healthtex! I am so super excited! We figured there was something going on while visiting corporate headquarters last week in Arkansas! Kate Gosselin is a "spokesmom" for Heathtex, a line of baby/kids apparel carried exclusively by Walmart. What did you think of the first outfit?? I'm working today, so if it takes a while for your comments to post, forgive me, they will!

UPDATE: Kate Gosselin Defends Her Security on People.com

"The next story coming out from the animals that stalk us is about our security person and his family," Kate tells PEOPLE exclusively. "Already the allegations they're making about me are disgusting, unthinkable, unfathomable, and I am horrified."

"These are people who absolutely love us and want to see us through to the end," Kate says of Neild and his family. "Of course, both of them travel with us at times, and we've spent holidays together, because, in this situation, your circle grows smaller and smaller, and it's very natural to become friends with your manager, your publicist, your security team ... they're the only people you have left. And now they're coming under fire."

30 comments:

Robin said...

Sure, photographers are following her everywhere; but she should be used to that by now. Sooner or later she won't even notice them.

Smoochie said...

You might want to check the picture out, she wasn't coming out of a bakery or grocery store, but a spray on tanning salon. Guess that couldn't wait on Mothers Day and the Tups birthday!

3KMOM said...

http://www.cbn.com/media/index.aspx?s=700club

here's the link to the 700 club of today's show. u do have to go towards the end to see the interview w/ kate. it shows clips from the last interview too so just keep skipping ahead until you get to the interview w/ her recently

you can call me e said...

I discovered your blog months ago and read it several times a week. This is my first time to leave a comment, though!
I really enjoy reading what you have to say. It is nice to read something that has such a positive outlook about it. I agree with you on everything, for the most part.
I must say, reading your blog is one of the highlights of my week!
Thanks for putting so much time into this!

Lindsay said...

--Just want to say that there is a new sneak peak commercial out on TLC. The gang visits Charm City Cakes [Ace of Cakes] to make birthday cakes for Kate!!!

The Travel Mom said...

Smoochie1964~If you look at the other set of pictures from that set she is actually holding a cake leaving a bakery. I saw them on e! I think. I guess I uploaded the wrong one. This was on Mother's day though, so I'm happy to hear that she was home with the family on that day. And wherever she went that day, she IS entitled to do things for herself too right?

Its sad to think that the focus has shifted from issues she's home, to issues she goes out when shes home. It's her life to lead.

3KMOM~ Thank's so much for the link!

Gosselin #1 Fan said...

Hey I just wanted to say what is the first episode of the season going to be about? I've seen and heard of sooo many previews and episodes I don't know what to believe. One says they go to Charm City Cakes [Ace of Cakes] to make birthday cakes for Kate. Another says it a cooking one. Another says it's celebrating the tups. 5th birthday and another says it meet jon and kate (again).

Oh well, guess we'll just have 2 wait and see. also did anyone notice how in the go green episode the interview room and chair were exactly the same as season 4. no signing no new piccs. hmmm..

Is this your final post Baby Mama??

Plz comment my blog 2!!

Ruby said...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the man sitting behind Kate on the plane trip to Utah was the same bodyguard who is with her at the book signings.

Paige said...

Just a note..I love love love reading your blogs..I look forward to them everyday when I get to work..hehehe..I love the gosselins and can't wait for the new season..soo sorry for all that they have to indure and I truely hope Jon has been faithful...but the main reason I am commenting (this is my first comment) is where is the slideshow you are refering to..I see one from Lil Suga..but nothing with Kate holding a cake box like others are referring too!!! Can't wait for your new site..I love it!!

Cindy said...

I love your positive attitude towards Kate. OMG, she went and tanned. WHAT IS SHE THINKING??? SHE IS SUPPOSED TO SLAVE AWAY every minute of every day. The interesting thing to me is, the people commenting on her all the time are tied to their computers chasing around all things Kate Gosselin. Makes me wonder who is cleaning their houses, caring for their children and feeding their families. I have a sister that lives in a pig sty that has much to say about Kate. Although her kids are rarely with her, she scrap books every weekend and rarely is home. Her car is a pig sty and she never cooks. Yet she has gall enough to pick apart Kate. Just goes to show you! Jealousy in it's prime form.

Panda said...

Smoochie -- I really don't see a tanning salon behind her. what are you talking about?

Baby Mama -- Can't wait for your new blog! Already have it bookmarked! :-)

My heart aches for the Gosselins and what they are going through. Although they admit that they knew what they were getting into, how could they have known that their public lives would take this horrible turn? It didn't happen for the Roloffs, or the Duggars, or any other reality TV family so how could they have know that they were going to be subjected to this disgusting tabloid frenzy? I feel so sorry for them and I really hope it ends soon! The rats behind the tabloids should know that only idiots believe the stories they're scheming!

lilshugs said...

I feel for Kate and the whole Gosselin family. I hope all this (http://www.lilsugar.com/3143939) blows over so they can just get on with their lives.

Life is Good said...

I just found this story on People.com concerning the rumors of Kate's relationship with security person:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20278340,00.html?xid=051209-email-ec-katebg

Life is Good said...

Ooops! I didn't realize that you had done an update with the People.com story...

MrsRef said...

Mr. Gray has been on many episodes. He was sitting behind them on the plane to Utah, on the roller coaster with the kids in Sesame Place, sitting next to them in church. Where did you get that he is only on the Zondervan tour?

Unknown said...

Cindy I agree with you completely. It is sad how some people have absolutely nothing to do but worry about another family and neglect their own.

They label all of the fans as sheeple because they claim they believe everything they see and are told by Kate & Jon yet I dont know about the rest of you but I watch the show but that is it. I dont take anything I see or hear to the heart. I dont live my life the same way this family does and I certainly do not take anything anyone says at face value.

Furthermore, lets ask the following question: who takes everything they see, hear and read as true??? who are the real sheeple in this case??? I say its all those who criticize the family since they believe all the tabloids and believe what they see in the show must be true 24/7 365 days a year.

Moving on, its ridiculous to critize anyone for their actions because everything in this life is relative.

What may seem blue to you may be pink to me. What some believe is taking advantage of your children can be looking after their well-being to others. Its all relative, we all think differently. And besides its their life and their family if they want to buy a castle let them! I am sure the kids would love it!

I hope the family is doing well and wish them the best in the world cause hey its bad karma to wish bad things for others!

Keep up the good work Baby Mama! and dont worry about taking a while to post our comments...we understand you have your own life that you like to live =)

Liz said...

Just watched Kate on the Rachel Ray show -- love her! She seemed more like the Kate she's always been, especially when she did the craft segment with RR. Great interview. I can't wait for the new season to begin!

Robin said...

Babymama, I notice you tend to update your posts with new information. Sometimes you even change the titles. This is not a good idea! Because if you have new information to share, someone who's already read your post will not be aware of any updates; if they use any blog reading devices like "google reader".
You don't have to print this or anything I'm just stating a fact!

Robin said...

I am not sure about your info regarding "Mr. Gray". He's been shown in episodes FAR earlier than the book tour!

3KMOM said...

I watched the RR clip on RR's site and it didn't show her talking about her new line at walmart. :( So I guess I didn't get to see the whole interview.

The Travel Mom said...

Min~ I always appreciate suggestions and comments from everyone. I re-phrased what I meant in regards to "Mr. Gray". Not that he wasn't ever around, but that he was only assisting Kate on her book tour and was NOT currently acting as her personal bodyguard, but part of her security team. The man you currently see is her personal bodyguard. Thank you for showing me the confusion. He (MG) has known this family for some time.

And you are 100% correct about the confusion with the posts as well. When I'm rushing to work I don't always have the time to create a new post. Normally I just add to the older ones. But suggestions like these will be very beneficial for the new blog. Keep them coming!

3KMOM said...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/12/kate-gosselin-target/

Ignore the grudge TMZ now has against Kate. I just love seeing Kate smiling these days despite the paps now sticking to her like glue.

allibrootob said...

With all the media hype I do feel sad for the children and Kate. Jon is very childish and is giving the media gratuitous photo ops by his irresponsible behaviour...if he were completley innocent there would be no photo ops to be had in the first place. Bikini clad young woman on his front lawn? In a car at 2am with another woman? Come on Jon.
I feel sad for Kate and I really do hope that she remains strong for her children and for herself.

Jennifer said...

I would just like to point out that over at GWOP a few months ago they were on there going on and on about how Jon and Kate had gotten rid of the dogs. A lot of people said they had inside information, etc... There was post after post bashing them about getting the dogs and then getting rid of them. Hmmmm, if you notice, the dogs are in the recent pictures. Maybe this will help them realize that they dont know everything about Jon and Kate. Turns out, you cant believe everything you read ;)

BEE said...

Loved watching Kate on Rachel Ray! She was so down to earth, so real, and so fun!! I also thought it was very cool of her to mention how her own feelings about fans and being approached in public has changed. Very nice of her to thank the fans!!

I am just so sick of the all the rumors floating around about this family! Even if there was any truth to the allegations of adultery on either part, it should not be a public matter. Yes, they are a public family, but some things should be sacred.

Shawn and Laura said...

I was really sad to read the People.com article about her stating that their marriage is in trouble....I usually can trust what People states or should I not?

CBB said...

the new article coming out in People, has me a bit concerned, in general.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20278472,00.html

The Travel Mom said...

Denise~ I know I originally had your post up but decided to delete it after reading the article. Star magazine is true trash IMO. Kate's brother Kevin only said what was quoted. Not all that the magazine is implying. It's like a bait & switch. Its fifth and lies to sell magazines. Sorry.

Every marriage goes through a rough patch. I will continue to pray for healing within this marriage and for the strength to make it through.

Denise said...

No problem, I know we disagree on many things about Kate.

I truly pray for these precious children; things are going to be rough no matter what happens next.

Cindy said...

I know it is hard for any of you to believe a brother would tell blatant lies about his sister, but I have a brother that has said some horrid things about me, some have gone on for 25 years or more....and I knew nothing about them. It now explains some of the truly odd looks I have gotten from people when he introduces me to them. He will dip to any low to trash me or to shed bad light on me. Anything to downgrade me. Just the way he is......so this brother, I don't believe anything he says, esp. when his sister says he does do this.